Saturday, March 10, 2012

Catching up on Reverb 11: December 22: Startup --

December 22: Startup -- 
What’s a business that you found this year that you love? Who thought it up? What makes it special?


I really, really, really love Teefury.com -- I love the concept!  


They accept submissions from artists and they offer 1 design per day.  After 1 day, the design is "retired"  


The price is amazing.  $10 for a t-shirt that's unique.  I also love that many of the designs have pop-culture (read: geek) references so they really can reflect a person's taste.


Our first Teefury shirt is this one.  The WhoNuts.  


Best thing?  Shipping is fairly affordable to international locations.  (Shirts will come out cheaper than Topshop or Uniqlo.)


The two other businesses that I am a big fan of are both from the UK


Book Depository and Asos.com --


Why do I love them?  3 words:  Free. Shipping. Worldwide.


It is a boon to me because I have very limited access to books where I live.  (And I have limited access to clothes that would fit me where I live.)


I love that I can check for books and clothes during my kids' downtime -- and I can browse leisurely.  I know there is a risk of crazy-ordering -- but I follow 1 simple rule:  I put items in my shopping cart and sleep on it.  The next day, I edit. ^_^

No comments: